[unisog] Hands-on Support for Cleaning/Re-installing Student Computers

Christopher Cramer chris.cramer at duke.edu
Fri Sep 20 22:13:54 GMT 2002

Hi Gary,

In all cases, we will provide telephone and email assistance through our
HelpDesk.  For harder problems (compromised systems, etc), we have a
subset of the HelpDesk will repair computers for student whom are
willing to bring the box in and leave it for a few days.

Is it painful?  yes.

Is it better than the student's screwing up their system or not fixing
the problem(s) at all?  yes.

-Chris

--
Christopher E. Cramer, Ph.D.
University Information Technology Security Officer