[unisog] MSU: COE hacker/cracker attack

Allen Chang allen at rescomp.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 20 23:49:27 GMT 2002

Link Correction:

http://www.rescomp.berkeley.edu/about/training/rcc/02-03/CompromisedComputer/

We've tried to take the non-destructive route here at Berkeley and removal
success rate is at around 98%. Note that fixing these computers requires
inimate knowledge of what should and should not be running in Windows
2000. There are a few cases where we've given up and reformatted but those
were all Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server computers with about 30-40
ports open.

@llen