[unisog] Heavy UDP port 137 scans today?

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Sun Sep 29 21:35:24 GMT 2002

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 06:17:04PM -0700, Mike Iglesias wrote:
> We've seen a dramatic increase in UDP port 137 scans of our campus, starting
> last night (Friday) around 5:30pm PDT.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?

Looks like about a ten fold increase here.... in the number blocked by
our firewall.  The number of different IP addreses doing it has increased
much more.

--
Pete Hickey               |                         |"It runs like x, where
Communication Services    | Pete at mudhead.uottawa.CA | x is something unsavory"