[unisog] Unusual volume: UDP:137 probes

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Sep 30 16:45:34 GMT 2002

	There was a report (so far unconfirmed from any of the usual sources
such as bugtraq) that the 137 scans are a new varient of the slapd worm that
is in the wild. We too are seeing continued scans (although they aren't
bothering anything here). Haven't seen a problem with multicast (other than
users running ghost and a Mac that went nuts with Appletalk multicast routing
updates and crashed its switch last week some time).