[unisog] Slashdot's UCSB Article

Mitch Collinsworth mitch at ccmr.cornell.edu
Mon Sep 30 20:26:11 GMT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Daxter Gulje wrote:

> 	What I know that many of you will get a chuckle out of is the thought of trying to convince Amber the Cheerleader or Race the Fratboy to install Linux...or to maintain proper patches/upgrades to a Win2k box.

What you might get a chuckle out of (I did) was the other day when the
guy at the gas station where I get minor repairs done on my cars (hey,
it's walking distance from my offices) told me he runs Linux on his
machine at home...  This guy is probably 35, no college at all, his
father owns the gas station.  He says he likes Linux because he can
fire up 6 different web browsers and "never lose" an Ebay auction.  :-)

-Mitch