Request Tracker Usage

Allen Chang allen at rescomp.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 25 07:18:39 GMT 2003

I'm sure quite a few of you out there are using Request Tracker. So here's
a question about how you're using it.

Is anyone using RT for tickets in a way that includes IP specific
information (ie mac address, owner, phone number) from another database
upon creation of a ticket?

I'm looking at using RT for security incident ticketing but I need to
make sure that we can automatically pull in owner information when sent an
email with an IP address. The documentation seems to hint that this is
possible through scrips or even modifying the modules.

Are there any other suggestions on how to insert user data into a created
ticket without manually typing it in?

Thanks!

Allen Chang
Network Security Coordinator