[unisog] Request Tracker Usage

E. Todd Atkins Todd.Atkins at UCSB.EDU
Fri Apr 25 19:19:18 GMT 2003

I have been very satisfied in using Request Tracker for tracking security
incidents, but I have not altered it yet. I would like to add LDAP and
other database lookup functionality to it because I initiate the creation
of tickets most of the time and end up searching for and entering the
information by hand every time.

I would also like to add some sort of "canned" message insertion feature to
the "Update ticket" and "Create Ticket" pages because I initiate and update
a lot of tickets with messages that differ only slightly.

Has anyone attempted adding hooks for these types of things?

Todd Atkins
 Network Security Coordinator
 UCSB/Office of Information Technology

--On Friday, April 25, 2003 12:18:39 AM -0700 Allen Chang