[unisog] Wireless lans and public labs authentication

Asadoorian, Paul D Paul_Asadoorian at brown.edu
Tue Apr 29 12:40:15 GMT 2003

We use nocat here as well for our wireless users and it has been working
well so far, although there are issues that we need to address (email me
offline for details if you're interested).

The only problem I see in using it for wired network authentication is
throughput, but if its only going to be used for public clusters you're
probably okay.  I've heard claims that a Linux/iptables firewall can do
400mb/s (With gig interfaces), but haven't actually tested one yet...

Paul Asadoorian, GCIA
Brown University
115 Waterman St.
Providence, RI 02912
401.863.7553

PGP Key: http://pauldotcom.com/Paul_Asadoorian.asc
Fingerprint: 42CB D9A8 37C4 2D1C A2FE  927F C946 9174 41DC 7A4F