[unisog] Disabling DCOM and vulnerability scans

Steve Bernard sbernard at gmu.edu
Mon Aug 4 23:16:02 GMT 2003

I've also found that, when using Eeye's Retina, I get a false positive for
the RPC vulnerability if I have Administrator privileges on the box being
scanned, even though the RPC patch has been installed and remote DCOM is
disabled. This is true for NT 4.0 Server with Service Pack 6 and all
hotfixes, using Retina 4.9.109.

Steve