[unisog] Windows Update

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:46:40 GMT 2003

> What are people doing about the future existence, or lack thereof, of
> Windows Update?

For now, we have local copies of the MS RPC patches and W2k SP3 to get
people patched.  Beyond that, we haven't really discussed it.

We are going to block all the IP addresses for windowsupdate.com,
www.windowsupdate.com, and windowsupdate.microsoft.com at our border
so any traffic generated this weekend will be stopped before it goes
anywhere.  On monday, we'll see who's spewing at windowsupdate, get them
cleaned up, and eventually unblock the IPs.

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2069