[unisog] procmail rule: sobig.f

Christopher A Bongaarts cab at tc.umn.edu
Fri Aug 22 16:11:38 GMT 2003

In the immortal words of Timothy VanFosson:

> I also want to take a moment to emphasize that MailScanner itself is not a
> vector for the virus.  The virus writer seems to be either trying to
> discredit the MailScanner product (which is very good, IMO) or take
> advantage of MailScanner users who have configured their scanners not to
> rescan already scanned emails.  You can find more info on MailScanner,
> including the primary author's response to Sobig, at www.mailscanner.info.

I just figured it was the inevitable result of the useless "this
message has been scanned and found OK" headers/trailers appended by
scanners.  Of course, it was only a matter of time before the viruses
started adding the phrase themselves...

%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts  %%  cab at tc.umn.edu       %%
%%  Internet Services         %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%
%%  University of Minnesota   %%  +1 (612) 625-1809    %%