[unisog] Free SSL certs to acamdemic sites

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Dec 1 19:52:09 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 15:46, Bob Johnson wrote:
> Their web site claims they support over 94% of browsers,

It does too, I missed that even though I was looking, sigh...

>  which only
> requires they support Internet Explorer.  Indeed, IE includes their root
> cert ("IPS SERVIDORES"), but neither Mozilla nor Konqueror seems to
> include a similar root certificate.  I didn't check Opera, but my guess
> is they are only recognized by Internet Explorer.

They responded to my email and yes, Bob is right, they only support
modern versions of IE.

Of our users the proportion of non IE users is much higher than 6% -- we
have around 10% Macs and another 10% linux based desktops and quite a
few windows users use opera or mozilla.

--
Russell Fulton, Network Security Officer, The University of Auckland,
New Zealand.