.edu's who use SpamCop?

Rodrigues, Philip phil.rodrigues at uconn.edu
Tue Dec 16 20:41:02 GMT 2003

Hi all,

We are currently using SpamCop's dynamic list of spammers to reject some
mail sent to the University.  This has the benefit of blocking lots of
spam, and the drawback of occasionally blocking legitimate mail from
sources SpamCop has determined to be spammers.

I am looking for support for and against this policy:

Does anyone else use SpamCop as one of their spam filters?

Has anyone looked into SpamCop and decided *not* to use them?  Why not?

Thanks in advance for any answers.  I will keep my personal feelings
about our current policy to myself. :-)

Phil
--

Philip A. Rodrigues