[unisog] .edu's who use SpamCop?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Dec 17 14:02:40 GMT 2003

> Has anyone looked into SpamCop and decided *not* to use them?  Why not?

Haven't your own mail servers been reported to Spamcop by now?

Some of our users forward their columbia.edu addresses to other
systems.  When a piece of spam gets past our filtering, their
spamcop reports name us as a spam relay.  I think I have caught
all such reports, and gone to the spamcop page to un-do it, but
it gets old fast.

It might work to use Spamcop to score spam a la Spamassassin, but
we wouldn't use it an absolute deny list.  It's not accurate
enough.

Joseph Brennan         Columbia University in the City of New York
Academic Technologies Group                   brennan at columbia.edu