[unisog] Can an SUS server be pointed to with multiple DNS names?

Juvinall Peter Stanley psjuvina at exchange.cob.ilstu.edu
Sat Dec 20 19:42:07 GMT 2003

Gary (and everyone),

My experience has been in running SUS to my college at our University has been that if you specify the location of the SUS server is that if you deviate and specify something different at the server versus the client, it doesn't quite work well.  Do you have AD?  There's a .adm that you can plug into group policy that comes with the SUS install that can push that configuration off to any number of clients, which is how we do it.  As additional SUS boxes come online, I'm planning on just reconfiguring through a GPO.

HTH,

--pete