Vulnerability Scanner survey

E. Larry Lidz ellidz at uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 22 19:47:04 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'd like to take a quick survey as to which network vulnerability
scanners people use (ISS Internet Scanner, eEye Retina, Nessus, etc.).

If people could take a minute to send me the name of their institution,
the number of IP addresses they scan, and the scanner they use, I'd
appreciate it. If you have general opinions on the quality of the
scanner, I'd be interested in that as well.

I'll post a summary to the list sometime around the beginning of the
year.

Thanks!
-Larry

---
E. Larry Lidz                                        Phone: +1 773 702-2208
Sr. Network Security Officer                         Fax:   +1 773 834-8444
Network Security Center, The University of Chicago
PGP: http://security.uchicago.edu/centerinfo/pgpkeys.shtml