[unisog] IDS Recommendations

Douglas Brown dugbrown at email.unc.edu
Mon Dec 29 15:30:38 GMT 2003

I'd like to believe we're a savvy shop having been using both Snort and
Dragon for close to four years.

We had both Intruvert and Tipping Point on different parts of our
network in August when the various things hit; we found Tipping Point
performed better.  Different strokes for different folks.

You can write custom signatures for Tipping Point.

The GBICs are SFPs and are interchangeable.

They do have the fail open option.

Cheers,
-Doug
--