Firewalls for Windows sheep

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Fri Feb 7 20:58:35 GMT 2003

   What do you do on your firewalls for protecting your
Windows sheep--I mean clients?

   I'm thinking along the lines of the traditional firewall
at the edge of a network which blocks ports.  What is
your strategy here--do you block the known vulnerable
ports, or take the opposite approach and block most
everything opening up only what you know you need?

   Specific data is great.  I use OpenBSD's pf so those
would be even cooler to see. ;-)  Any links to places
that spout their philosophy would be neat too.

Thanks,  STeve Andre'  (MSU dept of Political Science)