tamper sealing of network ports

Simon Kissler Simon.Kissler at valpo.edu
Fri Feb 14 15:53:18 GMT 2003

Hi,

I was just pulled into a discussion of how one could go about sealing a
network port so that it would be at the minimum evident that somebody has
messed with it. What would be preferred is that the person messing with it
is not necessarily aware that they are leaving a trail (unless it is
impossible to mess without obviously leaving a trail; in other words we'd
prefer something where they are not alerted that to it so they are less
likely to take corrective measures). This is being asked for on a physical
level such as a tape that may leave marks that are inconspicious or
invisible to the person or similar.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience doing this.

Thanks,

-Simon

Simon Kissler                                   Simon.Kissler at valpo.edu
UNIX Systems Administrator			Phone: (219) 464 6773
Electronic Information Services                 Fax  : (219) 464 5381
Valparaiso University
Kretzmann Hall B22
Valparaiso, IN 46383

                           "If you can imagine it,