[unisog] Richard Thompson (US SS)

Bob Mahoney bobmah at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 13 23:14:42 GMT 2003

I think the straightforward approach is to call your closest Secret
Service office (main number, not something he gave you), and ask to
speak with his supervisory agent.  If he's real, and there are legit
complaints, the SSA will want to know.  If he's not real, and
representing himself as an agent, the SSA will REALLY want to know.

In my experience, federal law enforcement is well-used to verifying
the identity of their agents, and they do not take offense.

(My favorite response to a call like this, that I made myself, was,
"Yes, in fact he's one of my trainees... what has he done NOW?")

-Bob

--
Bob Mahoney, MIT Network Security
MIT W92-191, 77 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139