[unisog] Best Security Conferences / Training?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Feb 25 14:50:31 GMT 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:50:15 EST, Phil.Rodrigues at uconn.edu  said:

> What are the best network security-related conferences and training you
> have attended?  Is there a national .edu network security conference?

Well, SANS and Virginia Tech are working on making a tradition of 2-3
day conferences here - we have one next week with probably 300 or so
people attending.

I'm pretty sure my co-worker Randy Marchany posted about it several times
here.  If not, here it is again:

SANS and Va Tech are sponsoring a 3 day seminar consisting of courses from the
SANS GIAC tracks.  The dates are 3/3-5/03. This seminar is available to any
EDU faculty or staff for the low price of $100/person. The online registration
site is at http://www.conted.vt.edu/isect and contains the course
descriptions, hotel info and other information. Sign up early as space is
limited.

(And remember - the more the merrier.  The easiest way for us to justify
doing it 2-3 times a year is for each one to be full-capacity....)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer