encryption on Mac and Linux

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 13 20:27:22 GMT 2003

Hi All,
	We are looking for encryption products for Mac (classic OS and OSX) and
Linux. Primary requirement is for encrypted drives (particularly USB) to
protect modest amounts of sensitive data (eg exam papers on Academic's
machines).  (And yes we are aware of dangers of swap space etc.)

We prefer free solutions, but will pay if it is worthwhile.  (The big
advantage of free software is not the lack of initial cost it is the
saving made in not having to keep track of who is using what and how
many copies we need!)

Afterthought -- I'm also interested free Window solutions -- we have a
commercial one who I would not mind displacing ;-)

Experiences solicited...

Cheers and Thanks, Russell.

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin