[unisog] echo and chargen [Nessus]

Jeff Bollinger jeff01 at email.unc.edu
Wed Jan 22 13:12:49 GMT 2003

Speaking of Nessus, does anyone on the list have problems with Nessus
choking on a Class 'B'?  We're running version 1.2.1 and if we enable
only one check and try to do a whole class B, it chokes somewhere near
the middle.  Alot of times we'll also get something like "sendto buffer
full" when we run large probes with Nessus or scans with Nmap.  We've
started breaking our probes down to Class C's but as you can imagine,
that takes forever!  Any ideas?  I was looking through some Nessus
mailing list archives who suggest to run Nessus with the "-n" flag to
disable pixmaps, but that didn't seem to help...

Thanks,
Jeff

- --
Jeff Bollinger, CISSP