[unisog] earlier report of SQL slapper worm

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Jan 28 18:39:32 GMT 2003

	I'm currently scanning our argus logs from months past for accesses on
1433 and 1434 to see if I can see probes of the 5 machines that were hit here.
Most of the hits on our machines occurred in the first 2 minutes of the attack
which makes me think that the machines were pretargetted and seeded into one
or more attack machines. I'd encourage anyone else with historic argus logs to
also look back and see what we can see ...