[unisog] Lifting backbone port 1434/udp blocks

Phil.Rodrigues at uconn.edu Phil.Rodrigues at uconn.edu
Tue Jan 28 17:38:43 GMT 2003

On the flip side of that - how long do folks expect to continue blocking
of UDP 1434 at the border?

We first blocked TCP and UDP 1433 and 1434 in and out on Saturday morning,
but this morning changed that to just UDP 1434 in and out.  We may allow
outbound traffic soon, so I can more easily see those hosts that are still
infected but not showing up on our radar.

Our first level-ISP is the state educational network, which is blocking
the same as us (at our recommendation).  Our first commercial provider,
Qwest, did not block any of this traffic.

Phil

=======================================
Philip A. Rodrigues
Network Analyst, UITS