[unisog] encryption on Mac and Linux

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jan 13 23:28:40 GMT 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:27:22 +1300, Russell Fulton <r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz>  said:
> Hi All,
> 	We are looking for encryption products for Mac (classic OS and OSX) and
> Linux. Primary requirement is for encrypted drives (particularly USB) to
> protect modest amounts of sensitive data (eg exam papers on Academic's
> machines).  (And yes we are aware of dangers of swap space etc.)

For Linux, you might look at loop-AES (available from sourceforge.net) or
possibly Matt Blaze's CFS code.

loop-aes even allows you to do something about "the dangers of swap space" - it
comes with directions on how to use swap on encrypted loopback devices. ;)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer