[unisog] Flat Panel Security Summary

Dax dax at resnet.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 17 16:50:27 GMT 2003

	If I may add my belated two cents to this matter, I recently
placed an order to Kensignton for ~30 locks and cables to secure a
combination of PCs, flat panel monitors, G4 towers, and Apple Cinema
Displays.  It turned out the order wouldn't be here by the time I needed
it, so rang up AnchorPad and placed a rush order for the same types of
locks/cables that I was getting from Kensignton.
	I pulled one lock/cable combo set out of the box from AnchorPad
and nearly laughed fell over from laughter...the units were a joke, and
look like they would have buckled from a particularly virulent fart.
	The Kensigntons arrived the next day, so the AnchorPads are being
sent back.

For what it's worth...

/Dax