[unisog] Wiping hard drives before computer transfer

Tom Perrine tep at sdsc.edu
Fri Jan 24 04:53:43 GMT 2003

    BK> And I would add, disk removal and acetylene torch if any
    BK> truly sensitive data was on the disk.

We tend to just drill through the case and the platters.  Its fast,
cheap and easy.  And fun :-)

You *wont* be spinning one of these babies.  The heads would be
destroyed almost immediately.  You won't be getting any data off them,
period.

Unless you are a .GOV or have one of Peter Gutman's toys, that is....

--
Tom E. Perrine <tep at SDSC.EDU> | San Diego Supercomputer Center
http://www.sdsc.edu/~tep/     |