earlier report of SQL slapper worm

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Jan 27 22:23:04 GMT 2003

	Am I misremembering (I can't now find the email in previous unisog
saved mail but I may have deleted it) or did someone on here report a limited
outbreak of the SQL slapper worm a few months ago? I remember scanning argus
logs looking for UDP port 1434 after seeing a report (I think here) and not
finding anything then giving up after a week or so. There was also a comment
that it scanned addresses in the multicast range (which the SQL slapper did
here on Friday night). If so I expect whoever is searching for the source will
be interested in the earlier report and anything that was discovered about a
possible source ...