[unisog] Cisco vulnerability

Tom Perrine tep at sdsc.edu
Thu Jul 17 20:01:34 GMT 2003

By the way, are any *other* Cisco customers annoyed at finding out
about this problem via the public CERT announcement?

I really wouldn't expect to be notified at the same time the Tier-1s
were notified (reportedly 15 July or earlier), but I'd at least like
to get the info before the public. And yest, I understand the
difficulty in coordinating vulnerability releases; I've done several
CERT advisories.

But, we're looking at unscheduled downtime in publicy-visible
production business systems because we got caught by surprise on this
one.

I *will* be calling my account manager to talk to him about this.  Am
I the only annoyed customer?

--tep