[unisog] Anyone including anything on music sharing in their new student orientation packets?

Carrie McCoy mccoyca at missouri.edu
Sat Jul 19 15:49:40 GMT 2003

The first mailer that went out to our incoming freshmen class included a
page about DMCA/copyright.  We plan to hang posters about DMCA/copyright in
all of the Residence Halls and Greek Houses before the students arrive and
we are planning to do a survey to gather information on how much students
know about the DMCA/copyright issues.  The survey data will be used to
develop a class that will be attended by DMCA violators.  In addition, we
have included a DMCA section in our technology guide that is published
annually.  We put copies of the technology guide in each Residence Hall room
and make it available at our offices, at various events throughout the year
and online.

Carrie McCoy
Information Security and Account Management
IAT Services
University of Missouri - Columbia
mccoyca at missouri.edu