[unisog] MacIntosh Email Client Problems with SSL SMTP Auth Configuration

Jean-Paul Carter carter at ipfw.edu
Fri Jun 13 01:15:00 GMT 2003

What type of certificate are you using.  If I remember correctly, MS
products on the mac (IE, outlook, Entouage) do not work with any other
certs other than what is built in to them.  They don't have any way to
import home-grown certs (or at least last time I tried)  I for one think
this was rather silly as any of the other browsers or email packages
that I have tried on Mac will import certs just fine.

>>> Gary Flynn <flynngn at jmu.edu> 6/12/2003 6:01:27 PM >>>
We're having problems getting various MacIntosh email clients to
work with SMTP Auth and SMTP-SSL enabled. The following
clients are having problems:

Entourage X
Outlook Express 5.2
Entourage 2001

Our server is Mirapoint.

Anyone successfully using these clients in this
configuration with any server?

thanks,
gary