[unisog] Wanadoo.fr

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jun 18 19:01:17 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 00:03, Jeff Bollinger wrote:

> We constantly receive attacks from the major French ISP, Wanadoo.fr and
> we continually sent complaints to abuse at wanadoo.fr.  Are other folks on
> the list receiving the same volume of attacks?  Of note, they typically
> have a host on the Internet Storm Center as a top attacker
> (http://isc.incidents.org/).  Has anyone actually blocked any/all of
> their subnets, or at the very least, received something more substantial
> than a canned reply?

I gave up sending reorts to wanadoo years ago :(

I am interested that no one has mentioned t-online.de (or t-dial.net or
other German Telecom blocks).  We see just about as much hacking from
there as we see from wanadoo. So far as I can tell neither of these
organisations enforces their AUPs at all.  I am seeing blatant hacking
from dial up and *dsl connections -- they are not even bothering to
launder their connections.

--
Russell Fulton, Network Security Officer, The University of Auckland,
New Zealand.