Infringement Complaint protocol question: DirectConnect?

Joshua Wright Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
Mon Mar 24 15:28:41 GMT 2003

I have received a message from MediaForce about a claim of copyright work infringement.  In the infringement detail section, MediaForce indicates the Network and Protocol are "DirectConnect".

Does anyone know what DirectConnect references?  I doubt it is SMB/Windows networking since I block the NetBIOS ports egress and ingress - any other thoughts?

Thanks.

-Joshua Wright
Senior Network and Security Architect
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

pgpkey: http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/pgpkey.htm
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73