Using cookies for authentication

Krulewitch, Sean V krulewit at myprivacy.iu.edu
Fri Mar 7 21:18:09 GMT 2003

Without smarts being on the browser itself you are going to need to
protect the cookie.  Consider encrypting the cookie and include the IP
of the client (either in the cookie or in a cooresponding state store on
the server or servers).

-Sean
--
Sean Krulewitch, Security Engineer, MCSE, MCP+I
IT Security Office, Office of the VP for Information Technology