[unisog] Dell LoadBalancer's?

Radomski, Mike Mike.Radomski at itec.mail.suny.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:25:21 GMT 2003

Hello,
We use the Linux Virtual Server + Heartbeat for load balancing various
services.  It has been rock solid.  We have around 10,000 concurrent
connections through our load balancers.  The load balancer systems can be
relatively small boxes.  Even with the connections we see, the load is
around 0.

Our configuration is (2) 2x 1Ghz Compaq DL360.  One acts as a primary, the
other as a secondary with a heartbeat between.

The Linux Virtual Server: http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/
UltraMonkey: http://www.ultramonkey.org/

If you take a look at the UltraMoneky site, our config resembles the high
capacity, high availability model:
http://www.ultramonkey.org/2.0.0/topologies/hc-ha-lb-overview.html

If you would like more information on the configuration or setup, please
feel free to contact me.  We have been extremely pleased with this solution.
It was $1,000's less than a Cisco Local Director.

Mike Radomski

SUNY - ITEC
Information Technology Exchange Center
Systems Programmer/Analyst