[unisog] Computer Crime Statistics

Tom Perrine tep at sdsc.edu
Sun Mar 30 23:36:27 GMT 2003

    BM> As we all know, there are hundreds of organizations that have
    BM> done statistics on computer crimes. Many of them focusing on
    BM> the corporate world and their losses.  I know that the FBI had
    BM> released a figure for all CC that estimated 70% or so, but
    BM> that included all sectors. What I'm looking for more so than

Note that the FBI/CSI Survey is just that, a survey.  The sample size
is ridiculously small (as low as << 1000? for some years), and the
respondents are self-selecting.

It is "interesting" but it is not "data" :-)  But its the best we've
got :-(

--
Tom E. Perrine <tep at SDSC.EDU> | San Diego Supercomputer Center
http://www.sdsc.edu/~tep/     |