MS Exchange maintenance time

Jim Boyer boyerj at wsu.edu
Wed May 14 15:52:43 GMT 2003

I am looking at the option of replacing our college Unix Sendmail server
with a MS Exchange server.  We currently have approx. 900 users, of which
most of them are connecting via POP.  Our users are scattered all over
campus as well as throughout the state.  My concern is the maintenance time
required to keep Exchange running, versus the supposed benefits.  If you
have any experience running Exchange with 900+ users I would appreciate your
perspective on the issue.

Please I do not want a MS vs Unix war here, only some good data to make
a decision.

Thanks for your help,
Jim Boyer
Systems Programmer
Information Dept
College of Agriculture and Home Economics
Washington State University