Cisco ACL naming conventions

Huba Leidenfrost huba at uidaho.edu
Wed May 14 23:11:54 GMT 2003

Has anyone seen any especially good naming conventions for Cisco access
lists?  I'm thinking it's about time to revamp the way we do access
lists and start using named ACLs exclusively.  Just like we have a
naming convention for our structured wiring I'd like to come up with a
good convention of naming our access lists to be able to look at a name
and quickly discern things like where it is applied, what it's for, etc.

Anyone care to share their strategy here?

Huba Leidenfrost, huba at uidaho.edu
University of Idaho IT Security Officer
208.885.2126/7539(fax)