[unisog] microsoft baseline security analyzer

Reg Quinton reggers at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 16 14:48:25 GMT 2003

> .... is there any way to do remote windows updates?

systems configured to use the software updated service get patched each
nite. That can be a GPO configuration. Actually, you can do all sorts of
security settings via GPO's.

> Also, does anyone have any kind of documents/websites/templates they give
to users

The most important we wave at end users is the base level advice at:

http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/security/howto/2002-03-15/

A very good starting point for you (not your users) if you're new to
Windows security is the baseline measurement, templates, etc. at:

http://www.cisecurity.org

Ps. I'm not a windows geek either. Best of luck.