[unisog] Bluesocket: Large Deployments?

Asadoorian, Paul D Paul_Asadoorian at brown.edu
Fri May 2 13:18:39 GMT 2003

Bruce,

We tested Bluesocket and found that it worked okay.  We did not do much
throughput testing.

However, we found that Bluesocket is really just a PC with a stripped
down Linux kernel on it.  Then we found that there was a free product
called nocat (http://nocat.net) that did essentially the same thing.
Also, I've heard there are some real security problems with Bluesocket,
which is one reason we went with nocat....

We have nocat installed and average about 10-15 wireless users per day
with very few problems, and are committed to fixing the few problems we
do have.

Hope this helps (even though it doesn't really address your questions
:-) Let me know if you have any questions....

Paul Asadoorian, GCIA
Brown University
115 Waterman St.
Providence, RI 02912
401.863.7553

PGP Key: http://pauldotcom.com/Paul_Asadoorian.asc
Fingerprint: 42CB D9A8 37C4 2D1C A2FE  927F C946 9174 41DC 7A4F