[unisog] Looking for sites that are redirecting SMTP requests

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at brown.edu
Tue May 13 13:48:47 GMT 2003

Is there any evidence that these compromised systems are even using
inbound port 25?  I've seen at least one case were a high-number port
was used inbound to the open-relay.  I agree with blocking 25 inbound,
but it may only be a short term fix.  And I doubt many institutions
really want  to block outbound 25.

--
Thomas DuVally
Lead Sys. Prog.