[unisog] University Certificate CA

Saul Tannenbaum Saul.Tannenbaum at tufts.edu
Wed May 21 22:04:05 GMT 2003

John Stauffacher wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the replies. A breakdown of what I have learned so
> far:
>
> http://middleware.internet2.edu/MACE/ looks to be on a good start, but
> seems to have stalled.
>
> http://www.cren.net/crenca/index.html a lot of info and looks to be
> bordering on the same idea as I had, but from what I can see they look to
> be dead now, or at least stalled as well. If anyone has any info on their
> status, or if I am wrong, I'd really like to know.

If you look deeply into the Internet2 stuff

(http://www.internet2.edu/presentations/spring03/20030410-PKI-Klingenstein.htm)

you'll see that CREN has turned over their activities to Internet2
and there is, at least, a plan.

Internet2 activity, at this level, is largely driven by folks,
like you, with desire and vision. If you want to help move
this forward, I'm sure you'd be welcomed with open arms.

	- Saul

--
Saul Tannenbaum, Associate Director,   |"Every year, I get more and
      University Systems,               | more cynical, but somehow I