[unisog] Wireless in residence building - Tricky problem

Marc Jimenez mjimenez at net.tufts.edu
Wed Nov 5 05:10:11 GMT 2003

Hello again,
	Thanks for the references. Much appreciated. I had not found
actual citings, so those will go a long way towards quieting some people
demanding the University equivilent of ECM.  :-)

> Two signal strength-and-direction reading 10-15 foot apart in the hallway
> and some triangulation would do it.  It's the electromagnetic version
> of "which room has the annoyingly loud stereo in it?", which is also
> solvable without a search warrant.... :)

Absolutely true, we can certainly determine to *our* satisfaction that the
AP is in the room, but incontravertable proof (which is what our school's
disciplinary board requires) is a bit harder to come by. If you've got a
more ... reasonable ... set of proof requirements, more power to you. I
wish I did....

	Cheers,
		Marc