[unisog] Wireless in residence building - Tricky problem

H. Morrow Long morrow.long at yale.edu
Thu Nov 6 20:23:04 GMT 2003

Note just a problem with Windows XP Home (although it is the most
prevalent) but you can have similar problems with MacOS X and Linux
wireless users as well (when they are simultaneously wired and
wireless).

If we knew that both the wired and wireless MAC addresses belonged to
the same physical computer we could possibly set up the DHCP server
such that it would only allow leasing an IP to one of them -- however we
don't (students and roamer laptop users can register as many EHAs as
they wish for as many computers as they wish).

H. Morrow Long