Active Directory design school environment

thenile at ziplip.com thenile at ziplip.com
Tue Nov 11 03:24:33 GMT 2003

Hi,

We are a  college with about 100 students and 100 staff PCs, with couple of staff members in HR, couple in marketting .....

I am not sure what would be the best AD design to have taking into consideration that some data (HR data,exams,student's marks) needs to be secured and in no reach from the students.
We will be using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and Cisco ACLs.

Staff need to be able to access the student's home folders. Staff also need to be able access the students GAL and the students need to be able to access staff GAL.

Any recommendations,links ... would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jad