[unisog] New exploit

Michael Sconzo msconzo at net.tamu.edu
Tue Nov 11 20:19:59 GMT 2003

We are seeing quite a bit of this.  It seems to be Randex in its
various forms running around.  It seems that for some odd reason McAfee
and NAV have some problems identifying these...I have no idea why, I
just accept it as fact :)

If you look at Randex and how it infects it also tries to copy itself
to shares (like C$, IPC$ and ADMIN$) which just happened to be enabled
by default in Win2k.  So, if anybody is interested in specifics
(binaries etc...that I found on machines) feel free to email me.

I guess you can take confort in the fact that somebody else is seeing
this odd behavior as well.

-=Mike

--

_
_ Michael J. Sconzo

The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.
        But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay: for
        whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
                -- Matthew 5:37