Active Directory Web-Based Password Reset

Jason Brooks jbrooks at longwood.edu
Tue Nov 18 15:09:24 GMT 2003

We are looking at implementing a web-based password reset system for our
entire campus.  This would allow us numerous enhancements and security
benefits without requiring a 24 hour help desk staff.  I know that there
are disadvantages to such a system.  Our initial plan is to develop one
in-house.  So doing, we don't want to reinvent the wheel, or follow others
into known pitfalls.  So, what I am requesting is any advice, war stories,
suggestions, pitfalls, etc you can muster.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Information Security Technician