Questions about Local Cert. Authorities

Seth Hollyman Seth.Hollyman at azwestern.edu
Tue Oct 7 23:42:14 GMT 2003

Hi.  Due to our need to provide certificates for a number of
network services in the near future, we're looking at setting up a local
certificate authority (CA) for our campus.  I'm looking for good
references and best practice type information.

For example, for those of you who have a local CA, is it self-signed or
a subordinate of someone like thawte/verisign/etc?  What kind of
guidelines have been established for verifying client signing requests?
What software are you using to manage your CA?

Thanks,

Seth

--
Seth Hollyman (seth.hollyman at azwestern.edu)