[unisog] Questions about Local Cert. Authorities

Matt Crawford crawdad at fnal.gov
Thu Oct 9 14:04:54 GMT 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 8, 2003, at 14:43 America/Chicago, Russell Fulton
wrote:
> I am interested systems for loading certs into browsers so we can
> direct
> people to these links when they encounter our certificate for the first
> time.

Put your certs, in PEM format, into files with a .pem suffix, and your
CRL (in DER format) in a file with a .crl suffix, then put the
following lines in the .htaccess file in that directory, to cause
Apache to give them the right MIME type in the HTTP response:

AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .pem
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl .crl

Then users can simply click them and be prompted to accept them into
the browser cache.